Assessing your Learning Support Needs
Students who need additional support for vocational training undertake courses in Foundation Studies streams or they may access additional bridging or foundation skill development within their training package.
A Core Skills Assessment (CSPA) will help plan the right learning support options.
Studiosity (formerly Your Tutor) is an after-hours academic tutoring service which provides individualised tutoring and guidance to students. Studiosity is available as follows:
- Studiosity Connect Live: 3pm to 12am (midnight) Sunday to Friday. In the ‘online classroom’ students can chat via instant messaging, draw graphs or write equations onto the interactive graph paper, or upload a file.
- Studiosity 24/7 Essay Help: students can get help with a written draft and receive an expert response within 24 hours.
The tutors employed by Studiosity are specially selected and qualified to help students with language, literacy, numeracy, study, and assignment support.
TAFE SA libraries provide:
- A wealth of material in your subject area, in both print and electronic formats
- Welcoming spaces for working individually or in groups, quiet reading, or simply relaxing between classes
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff who can help you find the most up-to-date, accurate and detailed information available
- Computing and printing facilities and multimedia equipment to assist you in producing your assignments and class presentations
- 24/7 access to
and much more.
Begin by clicking on this:
or by visiting the library catalogue at
TAFE SA offers courses to help non-English-speaking students communicate effectively, both socially and in their studies.
The nationally accredited and approved courses are run through the English Language Centre and offer students the skills needed to gain employment or admission to further English language or vocational courses.